1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I feel like Trump had a bad last few days. I just don't know how much mileage you get out of screaming about Monica Lewinsky.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Cuomo asked about policy. Specifically, his proposal for tax increases on the wealthy. It went really well.

Trump, with this gobbledygook, is nothing more than Sarah Palin with a dick:

TRUMP: Let me just - let me set it straight. I put in the biggest tax decrease of anybody for office by far. Okay? And many people think it's great. And if anything I was criticized because it's too deep - too steep a cut, but that's okay, but I put in by far the biggest tax - what I said, and that really is a proposal, because we have to go to Congress. We have to go to the Senate. We have to go to our congressmen and women and we have to, you know, negotiate a deal. So it really is a proposal, but it's a very steep proposal. I said that I may have to increase the section, and by the way, everybody across the board, businesses, everybody's getting a tax cut, especially the middle class. And I said that I may have to increase it on the wealthy, that means they're still going to pay less than now. I'm not talking about increasing from this point. I'm talking about increasing from my tax proposal.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't see either happening, but he'll flip Pa. before Fla.

RickStain likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's probably true. He also trailed Clinton 54-39 in the last poll in Pennsylvania.

It's early enough that you can expect those numbers to tighten, but "tighten" and pulling ahead are two different things.

A good rule of thumb is that anytime the Republican presidential hopes depend on outflanking the Democratic machine in Pennsylvania in a close fight, they've probably already lost.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's going to be negotiated!

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It's a secret.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's a master negotiator and has been for decades. He even wrote a classic book about it. He realizes more than others that the United States is dealing from a position of strength. You want your money, China? Here's 1/10th of it. Take it or take a hike. It reminds me of the conversation we had about the op-ed writer who had stopped paying his student loans. That was a business decision, and so is this. Finally, someone is putting this country's interests first. We have a $19 trillion debt. What other bright ideas does anyone have? Has Hillary Clinton ever even taken a math class? She's a lawyer. Donald Trump is a cold, calculating businessman. Sorry, but I know who I would put my faith in there.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Honestly, we never thought we’d make it this far. Third place, maybe — folding our tent after Super Tuesday was our best guess. And yet, we kept creating believers, and from Little Marco to Lyin’ Ted, our competition kept rolling over. The more irrational I got, the higher my poll numbers soared. So with the help of an all-too-often compliant, sensation-driven media, I kept it going. And here we are.

In other words, my campaign has been one HUGE scam. Only, unlike my university and my steaks, this one aimed to prove a bigger point.

A convention speech we'd like to hear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.