1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Nehlen ad reminds me a bit of Biafra's long-ago chat over a burger in the greasy section of L.A.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Trump has his first international ally -- Rodrigo Duterte is probably going to win the presidency in the Phillippines today.

Link from a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/19/asia/philippines-rodrigo-duterte-rape-joke/index.html

"I was angry she was raped, yes that was one thing. But she was so beautiful, I think the mayor should have been first. What a waste," he said, according to a CNN Philippines translation of the comments, which appeared in a YouTube video over the weekend.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You think other nations don't have some power in this fantasy too?

4. Inky_Wretch

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They may have some leverage, but certainly less than we've acted like for the last eight years. We used to win. We don't win any more. It's time to tell some of these other countries to accept our debt offer or take a long walk off a short pier, especially (a) tiny, inconsequential nations. Albania holds American debt? Ooh, I'm shaking in my boots; (b) Middle Eastern nations that are no friend to the United States. I'd tell North Korea to take a hike, as well, and Trump is the guy who finally will do it. You want your money back? Here's the offer. Take it or leave it.

6. Inky_Wretch

7. Inky_Wretch

And when China seizes all the American-owned products that are built over there and embargoes American companies' goods, then what? What will the economy look like when the stores are empty of Nikes, cellphones, computers and the tens of thousands of other "Made in China" items?

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You heard it here first:
    Soon enough, Trump is going to take up Bernie's call for free college tuition for everyone.
    It's a no-brainer on his part...he can use it to go after the Bernie Bros, he'll never be expected to explain how he'd pay for it, not would he actually do it should he, god forbid, get elected.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's funny that you don't think that a man who basically rebuilt Manhattan single-handedly from the ashes hasn't thought through things like that. Everything he touches turns to gold, and it has for decades. He's the master of the deal.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What will happen to China when all of those companies no longer have anyone to sell 75 percent of their goods to?
    It'll absolutely hurt the U.S., but China would be crippled just as badly. And given the political system, they might have more to lose than we do. People in the U.S. will grumble and go buy other shoes or find a workaround to get their Nikes. American companies will move to other third world nations that look the other way when it comes to child labor and sweatshops. The Chinese people are likely to revolt.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The fact that some people are seriously discussing telling our debt-holders to fuck off and accept 10 cents on the dollar shows just how fucked up this country's electorate has become.

HanSenSE, SpeedTchr and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.