1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm really curious about how the Trump-Ryan rift plays out. On one hand, it feels like a Charles a Pierce-Bill Simmons fake rift, where they will be triumphantly joining forces later this week. On the other, Ryan's a serious person with his own ambitions, and I can't imagine he's thrilled to get pulled down into the Trump-Palin Kabucki theater going on right now. Trump was having crowds boo Ryan this weekend. The speaker of the damn House.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Hopefully, this accelerates the splintering off of the dumbshit wing of the party.

Let the asshole army have their king and queen and spend the rest of eternity yelling hateful epithets into an echo chamber, safely in irrelevance.

4. Dick Whitman

Too many establishment Republicans have endorsed Trump at this point. Even Little Marco. They're falling in line.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ryan has already offered to "let" Trump replace him at the convention with his own choice.

Being an old school suhthern boy, I tend to read this as "please don't throw me in that briar patch, you know how badly I have been looking forward to this convention."

My guess is that Ryan will manage to control his unhappiness if the convention goes off without his having to set foot there, with the possible exception of the back rooms of his choosing.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My God, the courage you show. So few would be willing to stand in against the alma/cranberry/Starman/Baron wing ...

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

The fifth column remains an ever-present threat.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Starbucks has a new coffee, The Shaun King. It's light and bitter.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

After Paul Ryan got his ass handed to him by Joe Biden in the 2012 veep debate, he stopped being quite such a fucking liar. He's a little better now.

On another note, the previous speaker, a lifelong GOP man, agrees with me when it comes to upstart conservatives in the house and Ted Cruz. Even I didn't call Ted "Lucifer in the flesh."

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I quiver before your mastery ...

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Poor @Dick Whitman. How was he to know his Boom_70 impersonation would unfortunately coincidence with that poster's return to Earth?

I Should Coco and PCLoadLetter like this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Quinnipiac polls are out:

Ohio: Trump +4
    Pennsylvania: Clinton +1
    Florida: Clinton +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.