1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"What isn’t survivable is a Republican president who is part Know Nothing, part Smoot-Hawley and part John Birch. The stain of a Trump administration would cripple the conservative cause for a generation."

Hillary: The Conservative Hope

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Has Trump announced yet whether he has located a spot for his evenutal monument that will be huger and better than Mount Rushmore?

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

He already created one 33 years ago on Fifth Ave. It even has a waterfall in the lobby and a restaurant that makes great taco salads.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Once people are done feeling the Bern, Hillary will vault ahead in that poll.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

College kids are precious:

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So precious:

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Those polls make me a non-zero amount of nervous, even if they still point to a Clinton victory and there are lots of others that are better for her.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

This special high school snowflake will soon top that Scripps student.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/06/us/debate-erupts-over-californias-india-history-curriculum.html

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump should be getting his "wrapped up the nomination" bounce now. Clinton hasn't got hers yet, because Sanders won't give up yet. Note that except for the CNN poll, ALL polls on the Clinton-Trump matchup show a ludicrously high percentage of non-respondents in one way or another, be it Other, Undecided, or way more votes minor party candidates than they'll ever really get (PPP had Jill Stein, my neighbor, at two percent. I'll bet my house against a flower from her garden that doesn't happen). Since both candidates are not popular, I believe this represents people putting off a distasteful choice as long as possible. But until Sanders gives up, we won't have an apples-apples comparison to evaluate.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm not quite ready to play Win Jill Stein's Peony, but I can see this election producing the most write ins and 3rd party votes since Ralph Nader, maybe since Perot. People HATE the choices getting shoved down their throats.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

People may hate the choices, but they have been determined by elections in which the choices won the most votes. So there's a sore loser + I'm the specialest snowflake of them all and I vote like it attitude about that take which is unappealing to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.