1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hopefully enough time has passed that the XFL has become akin to any number of bad wrestler gimmicks the WWE is willing to poke fun at itself about.

Plus, there are some legitimate lasting legacies of that league. It's where the spider cam made its debut.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I had season tickets to the Orlando Rage for a year. It was mostly an excuse to tailgate and chug beer. I was not alone in this endeavor, as it seemed everyone had the same plan that went to the games. We had a lot of fun and the Rage had TOMMY FN MADDOX if I'm not mistaken.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tommy Maddox played for the Los Angeles Xtreme. Orlando's quarterback, per Wikipedia, was former Louisville star Jeff Brohm.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Oops. There was a lot of beer consumed at those games. Thanks for the correction.

Batman likes this.
  5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, the league infamous for giving us Rod "He Hate Me" Smart.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sp apparently Stephanie is coming out with a book. I wonder if she'll title it "How I Stole An Employee's Boyfriend and Drove Her To The Brink of Suicide"

7. Baron Scicluna

What the fuck am I watching?

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

For a moment, I thought Xavier Woods was going to walk in and come out as Stefan Urquelle.

9. Baron Scicluna

Nice to see the Styles Clash on the chair, but why the fuck are Anderson and Gallows jobbing cleanly to the Usos?

If you want to build these guys up, they should have been fucking destroying everyone.

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

About 10 minutes left ...

... they're not actually going to give the main event to the women, are they?

Does Vince know? Who locked Dunn in the freezer with Paul Bearer?

11. Baron Scicluna

For the past few weeks, they've been giving the 10 p.m. (Eastern) slot to the main event, then other stuff afterward. That typically had been their highest ratings point of the show, then viewership was dropping off with the kiddies having to go to bed.

Plus, they're in Greensboro, prime Flair Country.

12. Baron Scicluna

Pretty good closing segment, though why, for the life of me, is Steph a babyface?

I would have liked Charlotte going after Steph, though. Possibly a seed planted for the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted