1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why? If you want to reform a party, you can't elect Hillary Clinton.

It's no different than conservatives not wanting Trump.

Burn it down. Start over.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hillary represents everything Sanders is running against. The political ruling class. The established power structure. Politics as usual in Washington.

One thing you can say about Trump is he ain't politics as usual.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. It's not crazy that he thinks President Trump is better, long-term, for his movement. He hates everything she does and stands for. He doesn't want her to be president.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hillary's winning by, like, a lot within the party, right YF?

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think it says way more about him (meaning Bernie) than it does about her.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It says he's much closer to the Ralph Nader character than we thought.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You say that like it's a bad thing ... ;)

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Probably not, but if he goes full maverick and tries to sink Hitlerry's candidacy, and she wins anyway, PLUS the Dems flip the Senate by 2 or more votes ( i.e. they don't need Bernie for a majority any more), the Democratic Party will fuck him over real good; throw him off every committee, see to it he's never allowed to speak from the floor; and see to it that any bill he may sponsor/support gets shoved all the way down the shitcan with extreme prejudice.

So in effect he would also be committing senatorial suicide. His senatorial seat would entitle him to nothing more than to come sit at his desk and cast a vote in a roll call.

Being the "1" in a 52-47-1 breakdown means you might as well stay home and beat the meat.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think the above comments are unfair to Sanders. He's been a devoted man of the left his whole life. He's also been a career pol most of his adult life. He's in the fight rage now, but he is an idealist, and he knows his ideals would take a beating in a Trump administration. My prediction is he'll sulk in his tent for awhile after California, then he and Clinton will meet and he will offer his formal support. He will probably earn the speaking spot prior to Obama's (but after Bill's!) on the Tuesday or Wednesday night of the convention IF he has agreed to play nice.
    If I'm wrong, Star is right and he's politically dead. Under President Clinton, he can expect a Democratic challenger in 2018. Under President Trump, he can expect to lose to said challenger.

10. YankeeFan

10 point swing since the last poll:

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sanders will fervently support Clinton.

Who did any of you think Sanders was putting in his cabinet? 28-year-old hipsters?

12. YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.