1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Has anyone paged Ross Perot yet to run for president?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bernie needs to undergo a Darth Vader/ Anakin Skywalker conversion/ redemption episode, in which he returns to the light side to help throw Emperor Trumpatine down the elevator shaft.

If he plays his cards right (i.e. as Hitlerry did with Obama) Bernie can have a pretty significant voice in a HRC administration -- probably not from the Cabinet, but as a "senior lion" in the Senate.

If HRC is thinking in terms of the long game, she has to realize that bringing the Bernie forces (not just the Bros) under the Dem tent is vital for her legacy -- not just getting elected in November.

If the Dem coalition is splintered, after HRC leaves office, anything she gets done during her term will br dismantled by the rightwingers.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  3. Starman

Faux Fascist Noise poll. President Romney is impressed.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Remember gang, poll averages please. Otherwise madness lies. The CNN poll with Hillary up 14 wasn't too believable either. As of now, a close electlion. As of now, I'd advise every other nation on earth to get a nuclear weapon or six. Just in case. A Trump America will only kick those who can't kick back.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Good Lord. This is just sad for Weld:

6. Michael_ Gee

One thing about Bill Weld that's appealing is that he doesn't give a shit about anything. Old line Yankee with a seersucker jacket and a gin and tonic in hand.

7. YankeeFan

At one point, they were trying to talk him into running for Mayor or Governor of New York. Last I had heard of him.

8. Michael_ Gee

He's old enough now so that he doesn't have to fucking work and so he's never gonna. I can relate to that.

9. YankeeFan

More people starting to think that Bernie doesn't give a shit about anything other than Bernie:

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Did he ever have to work? Also, he prefers amber colored liquors.

11. Michael_ Gee

You're right, but spring is here, and a single-malt just doesn't do it at the Hunt Club in May.

12. Starman

Not to mention THE PIG has ruminated, or masticated, or masturbated, over the notion of the U.S. renouncing/revoking/repudiating treaty alliances such as NATO, meaning every nation in such an alliance which has depended on the U.S. for military protection (i.e. Nukes) is gonna suddenly decide they need them too.

How long do you think it would take Japan to build nukes, if they decided they wanted them? Two weeks?

A suddenly rearmed Japan might well be far far less cooperative with the U.S. In a wide variety of situations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.