1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, I have to believe the nuke issue is really Trump's weakest point. Even his fans admit he's erratic (unpredictable). An ad envisioning WW III starting because the President began a Twitter flame war could prove effective.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Narrative starting to build.

How do they ease Bernie out?

3. Michael_ Gee

I imagine after California and New Jersey Sanders will be indirectly or directly told by Obama it's time to rack the cue. If he won't take the hint, Obama will just declare Clinton the winner and give her his blessing.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Actually, threebags, at this stage (very, very early), nothing is truly predictive, but national polls are a little more so than state by state evaluations. Those kick in around Labor Day. Truth is, we could shut this thread down until Labor Day and odds are not much will have changed. It's a dead cert almost none of us would have come up with a new insight in the interval.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, Clinton will be indicted for felony mishandling of classified information by then. Any day now.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure we could shut this down until Labor Day. But think of all the useless YF anti-Clinton tweets and Starman "THE PIG!!! fucks his daughter" posts that we'll miss.

justgladtobehere and Batman like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'll take the over.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Put out by the candidate who voted in favor of the Iraq War.

11. Michael_ Gee

Dick, Trump was in favor of the war, too. He just lies about it. There's a bit of a difference between that catastrophe and nuclear war.

12. Michael_ Gee

I'm leaving on Memorial Day evening to go to France to see my daughter and will be gone three weeks. I honestly wonder if ANYTHING will have changed in politics by then. For all the blah about unpredictability, etc., it's sure looking like the same old Western Front trench warfare for the next six months, followed by the inauguration of a new stalemate, I mean, President.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.