1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't believe this story for one second.

He's partially paralyzed, and can't swallow. It's highy unlikely that he had any verbal skills under these circumstances.

2. YankeeFan

3. YankeeFan

The media covers polls incessantly.

So, it's always funny how we get articles like this whenever we get a poll showing republicans doing well:

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I've noticed that also. The coverage of poll results takes on different tone depending on the party.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is this the part where we get to remind you that "the media" is not a monolith?

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sorry, you all will have to just deal with it until Trump gets elected and "opens up the libel laws" to punish and silence the meanypants media.

7. Earthman

I know you are being facetious but in the remote possibility that Trump does get elected President watching jousting between him and the media will be very interesting.

8. YankeeFan

OK. So, why haven't we been getting warning like this to not pay attention to polls all along?

When Hillary has a big lead, we don't get these articles.

If it looks like a monolith...

9. Earthman

Got a nice note from Hillary today. Good to know that she is not afraid of Trump:

I am not afraid of Donald Trump.

He can attack me as much as he wants -- I know I can take it. But we won't let his attacks against Americans based on their ethnicity, their gender, or the faith they practice go unanswered.

We can take Trump on and win, but I need you in this fight. Can I count on you to make your first donation of 2016 today of just $5?

In the United States, we ask our presidents to show the world what it means to be American. In Barack Obama, we've had a president who has shown us at our very best, whether he's learning from the kids at the White House science fair or making passionate arguments to foreign leaders about American ideals like freedom and equality.

I can't exactly see Donald Trump doing any of those things -- can you?

It’s going to take all of us working together to stop him. As he raises millions from the Republicans’ wealthiest donors, we’re going to build this campaign the right way: by assembling a strong grassroots team to take him on and say we are a better country than this -- including you, .

Your $5 today is about much more than money. It’s a way to show that you're ready to take on Trump and win the White House:

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'll raise some of these concerns at the next "The Media" conference call. It's 13 hours long, and we usually spend the first half debating who we're going to cost a scholarship, but I'll raise the issue.

11. Earthman

Just catching up on yesterday's mail, got a panicked note from Hilary on Trumps
    Supreme Court Judge list. I am so concerned that I sent $10 immediately:

Donald Trump just released a list of 11 people he'd vet to fill the vacant seat on the Supreme Court if he wins the White House.

The list includes extreme ideologues who, if given the chance, would likely roll back our progress in critical fights like marriage equality and health care -- and would do devastating damage to a woman's right to choose, a union's right to organize, and everyone's right to vote.

And this being Donald Trump, it should come as no surprise that not one of his choices is a person of color.

If we let Trump win, he might be in the White House long enough to appoint as many as three Supreme Court justices who'd destroy our rights for generations.

We need to win . Chip in $5 to the Stop Trump Fund today -- it's not about the money, it's about standing up for the future of this country:

12. YankeeFan

LOL.

As if there's not been documented cases of journalists coordinating coverage.

JournoList was set up for the purpose. Now, Ben Rhodes just has to send an email to friendly journalists to create an "echo chamber".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.