1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Is it because she couldn't fill a stadium or arena?

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Was reading about the Kochs the other day and the gist was that they've had their fill of "investing" in national political races.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Waste to spend money on congressional and presidential campaigns. State and local government is where policy happens.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's the goal, right? To fill stadiums.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, do you buy the author's premise that it's because she prefers listening to people, as opposed to talking at them?

This reads like a re-written press release.

Maybe it's because she comes across as a screaming banshee when talking to a big audience.

It's not some calculated "risk" the campaign is taking. She's a terrible candidate. It's their only option.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Hokie_pokie likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

I don't think that's it. She's just not a "movement." She's the steady, safe choice. Those aren't the people who fill stadiums.

Now, has someone like that been elected? Probably the two Bushes in my lifetime.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

She spoke to a huge crowd in Fort Worth in 2008 (only presidential candidate I've ever seen live, even though I was miles away).

But the idea that her not packing them in suggests vulnerability is, I think, silly. She has NO novelty about her (and I don't mean that in a negative way), so of course she's going to be a lesser draw.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I was only three years old, so my memory is a little foggy. How did LBJ pack 'em in back in 1964?

11. Dick Whitman

Right. In '08, she had a pretty passionate following, particularly among women.

This is the same nonsense I kept reading in '12 about Obama not turning out the crowds and the excitement the way he did in '08. He lost by a landslide, right?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.