1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the question? If he's defined what "temporary" would be with the ban, you are more than welcome to post it here.

2. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Why does it matter? There is no inherent right for Muslims (or any other group of non-citizens) to be allowed to enter this country.

It's been so long since we paid any real attention to border security and enforcing our national sovereignty, it has become a novel concept.

It's way past time for us to join the league of nations -- also known as, most of the world -- that have strict immigration policies.

3. Baron Scicluna

Then if we're so concerned about people entering the country, then we should stop allowing everyone to enter, right?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Europe appears to be doing a bang-up of it.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

What other groups -- religions, nationalities, races -- should be kept out?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The bar chat about Trump and Batboy ...

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It matters because "Muslim" is not stamped on a passport, or a birth certificate, or a driver's license, or any traditionally accepted means of identification used when entering the country or applying to enter the country.

In other words, where is YOUR proof that you're NOT a Muslim?

9. Hokie_pokie

How about we start with groups that are actively engaged in blowing up passenger jets and cutting people's heads off?

10. Hokie_pokie

I don't have to prove dick. I'm an American citizen.

If you are an American Muslim coming from overseas and your name isn't on a terror watch list, I'm not talking about keeping you out and I don't think Trump is either.

If his plan is to prevent American citizens of whatever ethnicity from coming and going as they please, I would not support that.

11. Baron Scicluna

Aren't people in those specific groups, such as Al-Qaeda and ISIS, already banned from coming into the country?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

ReligiousTest.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.