1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's an interesting thought experiment: If you could get at one of these people outside of political arena, whom would you find sympathetic? And how would your preferences change if you brought the politics back in?

My sense has always been that Obama is a genuinely good and decent man. I abhor (most of) his politics, but I think I'd like him very much. I feel the same way about Bush the younger and Biden.

2. doctorquant

Oh, I think she knows exactly how she comes off, which makes me feel kind of sorry for her. It's like someone who has some horrible disease that traps them physically but leaves them completely aware ... She knows how she comes off but no matter how hard she tries she can't do one fucking thing about it, and she knows that too!

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, come on. I think we'd all have a beer with Huckabee and Christie. I'm looking for good stories at a bar, not moral perfection or total political agreement. Plus, with those two, they'd spring for wings and tots.

I Should Coco and doctorquant like this.
  4. doctorquant

It's a damn certainty they'd grab the last one, though ...

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno. Does she know how she came off at Chipotle? Nah.

I think she's surrounded by people who are too loyal and freak out at any criticism. Margaret Thatcher was the damn iron lady. Hilary just needs to go with it.

Part of her issue -- and it's a big one - is the same "you people are a waste of time and annoying as shit" thing that Gore struggled with. I just don't think Clinton likes "people" that much. I think she thinks most of them are kind of stupid. Gore's the worst I've seen. Bush - a nice man who was way in over his head - beat him because of it.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Awfully early for that. I figured Trump would drop a Vince Foster reference in September.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually I think Jeb Bush might be ok to drink beers with, because I think he's spent most of his life being overshadowed by his dad and older brother, so he's probably not the egotist most of the others are.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm with you on Obama. Not his wife. She has long come off as wary and idealistic, as a know-it-all scold and moralist. I think she encourages her husband's elitest tendencies and likes the idea of social engineering.

Batman likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure Team Clinton has a full truckload of daughterfucker incest stuff all cued up and ready to go for after the convention.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not until after the meeting of the Obamacare death committee.

BDC99 likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Would Huckabee actually drink beer? Doesn't he believe that he would go to hell if he drank America?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.