1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Someone can be "intellectual" -- also known as "book-smart" -- and still be an idiot when it comes to common sense.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think he's smart. I think he's probably a good guy too.

But the tweet he retweeted was one level up from Starman.

And, if a Trump follower or Bernie Bro had tweeted something similar about Hillary, it would be used as evidence of how evil, twisted, and misogonystic their followers are.

We'd all have to disavow such hate.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I can't remember any complaint s about CP's intellect. Guy is an immensely talented writer, too. It's just that he traffics in eloquent vitriol. Well-written hate is still hate.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tweeting about Ayn Rand dying is always fun.

One of the few times in history you'd root for cancer. Too bad somebody didn't put a bullet in the bitch's head when she was about 19.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't find him particularly insightful. I don't learn anything from reading him. He starts from conclusions. It's an easy way to preach to the choir and seem persuasive to a receptive audience. It's the M.O. of both the NYT and WSJ editorials, for example. His old sports features when he still reported were really good, though.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Those memes are the mark of true intellectuals. FWIW: I don't care for objectivism, but her going on Social Secoruty and Medicare is consistent with rational self-interest.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will be acceptable in 15 years to post memes laughing at a Democrat who voted for Obamacare dying while on a waiting list for surgery.

8. Starman

Sure it is, as in, "no government health care for you moochers, but I'm a special snowflake so I deserve it."

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Had it figured out at 6 ...

YankeeFan and SpeedTchr like this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Oooh, quick, mods, lock some random thread to keep this place civil.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I think they just locked Cleveland State.

12. Starman

Yup, this is one of the easy ones most people can figure out at 6.

Screeching ugly old bitch spends life arguing nobody should get public aid; as a shriveled old crone she starts running up huge doctor bills and she wants Uncle Sugar to pay it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.