1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The knock against Trump is that he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. The knock against Hillary is that she's a bad person.

I'm not voting, but were I, I could live with the latter more than the former, in a boss.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

For me, the worst thing about Hillary is the hair trigger with which her supporters use the "you just have a problem with STRONG women" card.

I'll deal with that bullshit all day, every day when the alternative is voting for a petulant, proudly ignorant child. Who would then have access to our nukes.

doctorquant likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

According to...? Do you think those knocking Trump believe him a good person?

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This is just wrong, but since it popped up into my FB feed, I felt this deserved more than an appearance in the Random Images thread:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, and I think that Hillary is going to try to portray him as a bad person, as well. But I think that for undecided, this is the "two evils" they feel like they are deciding between, if we're assigning types.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The undecided are decidedly stupid.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I had a boss who was both the former and the latter at the same time.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So, I went to a Donald Trump rally last night in ABQ.

I went in convinced that I was going to see a blowhard showman, there to celebrate his ego by being cheered, and there to show off his macho, bully nature.

I left convinced he is dangerous for the country. I left convinced he knows exactly what he is doing, and what he is doing is fanning the fires of the worst kind of support. I left convinced the comparisons to early staged Fascist regimes is completely valid. The militaristic, foreboding, Wagnerian music. The egging on of people attacking the protestors. The flat-out, undeniable lies. The attacking of his own party (the place went silent when he attacked the sitting GOP Governor's Association President). The wooing of Bernie Bros. And the factless boasting, boasting, boasting by someone found to be very charismatic by a big underbelly of society.

Dangerous.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Add a few swear words and gratuitous sexual references and this is a pretty good replication of a Starman fantasy post.

old_tony likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's not how it looked in the clip I saw on MSNBC.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

TV was watching it on MTV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.