1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

100% right.

Trump's not going to pick a fight, but if you don't want to play ball with him, then you've got a fight on your hands.

Other Republicans can do this the hard way or the easy way.

That the Morning Joe team couldn't figure out his motivation for ripping into her is beyond me.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm far, far, far more comfortable with Obama as Commander in Chief, or HRC, than I would ever be with Trump, who is mentally unstable and doesn't understand the first thing about foreign policy. As I've stated a number of times before, I have no problem whatsoever with the way Obama has conducted what has amounted to a long series of (generally) effective, efficient targeted strikes against terrorists around the world. These folks need to understand there is no safe harbor for them. I think Pakistan is beginning to understand this, by the way.

I would love to see him take out the guy who was just announced as Mullah Akhtar Mansour's replacement as soon as possible.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So Trump's vision is you're either with him or against him ... See, I told y'all he was a Democrat.

HanSenSE, old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I encourage you, and everyone, to listen word-for-word to what Trump is actually saying, and assume on face value that what he's saying, he means. Listen to him with an intelligent ear. Hear the garbled, childish syntax. Hear the rambling. Listen to how much of it can only be considered nonsense or gibberish. Hear how there are no specifics; listen to how there is so much boasting, and coarseness. But mostly, remove the over-the-top character who is saying these words, and instead look at the meaning of the words in particular and then ask yourself, "If these words become reality, what does the future hold?"

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Refresh my memory here. George W. Bush was a Democrat?

6. Baron Scicluna

I'm just having this vision of two survivors of nuked America in 2019 where one survivor asks,"Why did we vote for Trump instead of Hillary?" And the other survivor responds, "Because she put her email in the wrong place."

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Would someone please tell me which Republican candidate, who couldn't beat Trump in a Republican primary, would have beaten Hillary in a general election?

They would have all rolled over for her, as she defined and demonized them.

Each would have been terrified of "going negative" against her, and would have received 47% of the general election vote, while losing Florida, Ohio, Virginia, etc.

8. Baron Scicluna

Puhleeze, they would have done nothing except gone negative against her. They have no positive record of accomplishment in the last 25 years that they can point to that would convince more than 47 percent of the country to vote for them.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Absolutely hilarious that you believed every terrorist that Bush killed created dozens more, but -- MAGICALLY -- when Obama kills one, there's one less terrorist in the world.

10. Baron Scicluna

Um, Bush also killed hundreds of thousands of people who weren't terrorists.

Obama, meanwhile, tries to target terrorists on their own instead of just dropping bombs on everyone.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Ooh, you should do her commercials.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

With eight you get double stamps?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.