1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But he wore an awesome uniform in military prep school. It's almost like combat experience.

[​IMG]

3. YankeeFan

Nice spin Maggie:

4. YankeeFan

The media really hates to talk about this stuff.

5. YankeeFan

Obama hasn't done an interview with the Washington Post since 2009.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That might cost him a second term.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

OK, Bravo to Donald Trump for doing interviews. I really do appreciate it. He deserves some credit. I don't like the lack of transparency by Obama or Hillary, either.

That said, that's about as far as the credit should extend for Trump. It's a participation trophy, because the fact that he shows up does nothing to mitigate the fact that he, again, doesn't know anything.

9. YankeeFan

The guy who promised the most open administration in history set back openness in government.

That's worth pointing out, and should be a large part of his legacy.

10. Dick Whitman

I wrote a follow-up post.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You are correct in that it's bullshit. He basically lied about the transparency stuff. Of the various criticisms of him, this is one of the few that I'm in complete agreement with.

That said, there is some whining here going on by the Post. He has given lots of interviews, including to places like Vice, Buzzfeed, etc., that did not exist when he became president. He did an AMA on Reddit for pete's sake. Declining interviews with the Post is not, in and of itself, evidence that he is ducking the media. It might be evidence media is changing.

HanSenSE and cranberry like this.
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Serious question: Do you think she knows that Lemonade is an entire concept album about staying with your husband through/despite infidelity? I suspect she has no idea. People were joking when it came out that Monica is the original Becky with the Good Hair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.