1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Songbird, your posts are not coming through for some reason. I'm assuming that you're talking about the Looney Tune candidate for the Texas School Board, Mary Lou Bruner. I'm very grateful she got voted down, because the Texas market is so big that whatever drivel is allowed to afflict their schoolbooks will also be taught to the rest of the country. If she were elected "she would be involved in setting the state’s public school curriculum, overseeing graduation requirements, approving textbooks, and stewarding the Texas School Permanent Fund". What really blew it for her was her speech to the school superintendents in the district she was running for. Some of her views had already made news, notably that Obama worked his way through school as a gay prostitute, but actually listening to her live give a concentrated dose of bull goose loony caused the educators to directly oppose her.

The video has to be seen to be believed.

Mary Lou Bruner Has Made Plenty Of Bizarre Statements, But These Might Be The Most Damaging - Texas Monthly

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

After about the fifth full-throttle lie the affected civility -- "respectfully, ma'am," "i'm afraid you may be misinformed," etc etc etc, should go out the window for, "shutup bitch," "bullshit," and "get the fuck out of here, you senile old bat brain."

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wait ... I thought Bernie was already beginning to take the gloves off.

6. YankeeFan

I love this kind of shit.

If a candidate proposes change/reform, opponents try to use this against them by proposing rules the reform candidate should follow, that their own candidate would not be bound by.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Flies are drawn to shit:

[​IMG]

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I read somewhere this morning that Sanders and Trump are going to debate?

10. YankeeFan

Trump's people saying it was a joke.

I guess he told Kimmel he would do it for charity, and Bernie was up for it.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was kind of surprised none of the cable networks didn't do a crossover debate once the GOP field had thinned a bit. Would have been interesting. Too often the debate questions seemed geared toward the extremes of both parties and the answers played to the crowd. A crossover debate where GOP candidates had to respond to questions about global warming and Dems had to answer about spending to an undecided crowd would have been illuminating.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bush also promised he wouldn't nation-build. We know how that worked out.

Whose promise was worse?

Ignatius_J._Reilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.