1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Was talking to my son about the candidates, and he said that Trump's foreign policy is about the same as Hillary's.

I was letting him go on, but was thinking: "How the hell do we know anything about what Trump would do other than what he has said, which throughout his lifetime has proven to be whatever he thinks he can tell people to benefit himself."

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Must. Not. Swing. At. Pitch. Over. Plate.

HanSenSE and Ace like this.
  3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Third base coach giving you the take sign?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Whether you like them or not, and many people don't, and fairly frequently **I** don't, Hitlerry's foreign policy positions are fairly consistent, although she does waffle and flip flop from time to time.

THE PIG completely flops on a dizzyingly regular basis, usually hopscotching to three or four completely contradictory positions on any given issue.

The things he remains consistent on are the most reprehensible: the blatant violations of international laws, the unilateral abrogation of treaties and the stated intention to commit unambiguous war crimes which would earn other heads of state an express ticket to The Hague if not the gallows.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  5. doctorquant

And the GM has the AAA affiliate on Line 2.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I recognize that Hillary may have shaded the truth a time or two and stretched legal definitions.

But it's one thing, for example, for a politician to say he or she supports improved border security with no real plan vs saying you're going to build this huge wall and make Mexoco pay for it.

That's just a whole different magnitude of BS to me.

7. doctorquant

I'll accept the difference of degree as a difference of kind in this instance. But don't kid yourself about Herself's commitment to any overarching principle.

Ace likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nothing has made the horrible old system of health care that everyone hated more popular than Obama trying to fix it.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. doctorquant

Perhaps it wasn't the fixer so much as the "fix" ...

P.S. Hey @Baron Scicluna ... did I use those quote marks correctly?

Ace likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with the lies of THE PIG?

Nothing, of course.

Just another spittleglob of ODS.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"If you like your daughter, you can date your daughter."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.