1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I like it so much. Run Ben Run!

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What would it take for Hispanic conservatives to back Donald Trump?

This is a good, balanced story, but what got me was the video Trump made for the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference. Watch this (don't worry, it's only 2:29).

This isn't something doctored his enemies put out. This is a major party presidential nominee putting his best foot forward to win over an important bloc of voters, and one he knows he has to make up ground with at that. And he sends them a video (shot on a camera being held vertical!) of him reading off a sheet of paper.

That's not a serious person. That's a middle schooler bullshitting his way through a report on a book he didn't read. That's Michael Scott trying to fool his bosses after spending all day at Hooters.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Carter and Daddy Bush on the "Last Chance" ticket.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It is like Trump's old Birther evidence promises. If you really had something good, you wouldn't be trying to convince us it was good, you'd let it speak for itself.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There have been fewer things more enjoyable for me this election season than Bill Kristol's desperation considering he's responsible for thrusting Sarah Palin into national politics and demanding she be taken seriously.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The National Review guys -- who are also on the #NeverTrump team -- deserve some of the credit/blame for Palin too.

They did an Alaskan cruise/fundraiser and Palin spoke to the group -- and she was AMAZING!!

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They still have eligibility left. Call it the "Unfinished Business/Scores to Settle Tour" There was more than a little bit of friction between Carter and Bill Clinton and Trump and the Bushes, well you know.

It would be like the Def Leppard/Styx tour coming to a county fair near you.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Has Kristol ever explained how he got it so wrong on her? I realize that she wasn't properly vetted, but was a certain level of issues/current events/policy competence just assumed out of a sitting governor?

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Maybe none of that happens if the left-wing (aka mainstream) media hadn't spent the last 30 years proving it couldn't be trusted. And of the $2 billion in free air time you claim Trump has gotten, about $1.9 of it actually came from that left-wing (aka mainstream) media, not any "right-wing media," as you claim.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The jig is up, the news is out, they finally found us.

That said, I've got to write somebody in this November, and I've thought a time or two about George H.W.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think her MILFy tits drained the blood from the big head, because she was an idiot from the first time she opened her mouth on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.