1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You just described 95 percent of American voters.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If that was true, hateful incompetence would've become our national platform way before now.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So you're basically saying it's OK for the liberals to vote anti-Republican, but it's not OK for the conservatives to vote anti-liberal. How convenient.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think any of them can for one reason: Trump doesn't have the national party or organizational infrastructure to deliver candidates who would mount primary challenges to those who would vote against him. Once he loses, he'll be out of the politics game.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Speaking of mindlessness, you're falling into the liberal trap of ignorantly convincing yourself that only one side is full of ignorant assholes.

6. MisterCreosote

No, I'm not.

I'm convinced, very specifically, that people who support Donald fucking Trump for the highest office in our country are ignorant, dangerous assholes.

I don't like Hillary, and I hate a lot of her supporters. But there is simply no comparison or equivalence for how dangerous Trump is.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So quaint that there's suddenly all this concern over uninformed voters.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Stupid people can only be so dangerous.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, and Trump is the Republican nominee. If it goes to the House, Trump wins, even over Romney.

Trust me on this. I considered this scenario as well, but the Republican establishment is now lined up behind Trump.

10. MisterCreosote

I guess we'll find out which one of us is right in six months.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Don't forget to make a Hitler reference before you head out.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think you have to decide if the nation firstly, and the Republican Party, and the "conservative movement" secondarily, are better off with Hillary or Trump.

Trump's not a movement conservative. He's barely a Republican. But, I don't see how electing Hillary is a better option.

Republicans in the House and Senate will have a much better chance of advancing their agenda, and getting conservative judges confirmed to courts throughout the judiciary under a Presidential Trump than under a President Clinton.

And, I'm not worryied about him damaging the country. Trump is a pragmatist. He blusters, but at the end of the day he's a pragmatist. He'd be the least partisan person elected President in at least 50 years.

Vombatus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.