1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump is all about cutting "deals". There's nothing political about that. It's pure pragmatism.

And deal making isn't just about "winning". It's about finding solutions that benefit both parties.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He already cut a deal with GOP leadership to only consider its preferred SCOTUS candidates, so there's that.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So Trump's past is filled with happy business partners who all benefitted from associating with him? Good to know.

4. YankeeFan

Obama beat Romney by 18 points in New Jersey.

Monmouth has Clinton +4.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's all about going with your gut for many, many voters. How many people in 2000 could really explain the difference in stance between Gore and Bush? But one came off as a robot who was a downer and one seemed folksy and liked baseball.

This time most people know they are going to have to hold their nose and choose between two horrible people and a lot of guts think "hey, at least Trump is entertaining."

6. YankeeFan

I'm guessing that describes a lot of people, yes.

Let's start with NBC and Mark Burnett. Do you think they didn't benefit from their relationship with Trump?

His clothing line would still be in Macy's if it wasn't for the Presidential campaign, so I assume they were happy with the deal.

He continues to get financing for his construction deals from Deutsche Bank and others.

The guy's been in business for over 35 years. Of course some people feel like they didn't benefit from working with Trump. And some of that has been reported on.

It's sort of less of a story to track down construction firms that will say they've enjoyed working for/with Trump.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Starman hears conversations others don't hear. There's a label for that condition. It starts with "sch" ...

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What kind deals did he cut with the veterans' groups that allegedly got his donations?

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Just for fun, I was looking at the 2012 Politics thread last night.

Lots and lots of posts from you being like "Romney is leading big-time among Independents! The President is in serious trouble. People don't like him. He's already made his argument. Romney is making his argument now."

11. YankeeFan

I think you'll also see that I always said I thought Obama would win.

I still think Clinton will win.

She's terrible, and unlikable, but she starts with a bunch of big states in her column, as well as a large lead with women and minorities.

(And, btw, Romney did beat Obama among independents. He just got a lot more Democrats.)

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I thought it started with "bullsh."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.