1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Now do Hillary.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Those in the pool who had Doral golf moving out of South Florida before the tennis tournament in Key Biscayne, congratulations.

Aren't those his numbers . . . . versus Hillary?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The total does not equal 100%.

Last July, it was 54-34 Hillary.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Thank for proving my point - Since January (when it became evident he was a serious candidate) he has been called a Nazi, a thief, a KKK member, a scam artist, a guy who has bilked millions from people, an incompetent businessman, a woman-hating sexist pig, we've heard about all of his failed businesses, he has been called a xenophobe who hates all Mexicans, and we have rehashed all the evil things he has ever said -- we have heard all of this over and over and over and it has crushed his average from 42.8 to 42.5......

In other words, maybe it is time for the idiots who don't want him to be President to try a different approach than this nonsense as it is clearly not working.

7. RickStain

Those are his numbers vs. Hillary, but they don't total 100 because people can generally choose no-response.

8. RickStain

So when you said "up" you actually meant "stay the same."

Keeping his numbers right where they are is how you win against him. It'd be nice if we lived in a world where he didn't get 43% just for showing up and having R next to his name, but we do and all that matters is winning by one vote.

9. zagoshe

He was at 34 percent a year ago. He is at 43 percent now. And the fact that this is the kind of idiocy and onslaught hasn't made a dent but is absolutely necessary only goes to show how weak and awful of a candidate Hillary really is.

This could be like 2000, where Al Gore was such a stiff and an awful candidate that he lost an election that was 100 percent his to lose.

10. zagoshe

And 43 percent, by the way, is a much higher percentage than each of the last two Republican candidates received.....

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That's not why he lost, but if your point is that both candidates are unappealing, and that trump in particular is off the charts offensive and unfit, of course you're right. I can't stand gore (though I liked him in '88 and was somewhat ok with him as vp) but would vote for him right now over the other options.

12. zagoshe

I think I would probably vote for just about every other option from the previous 40 elections over either of the two idiots currently running for President......

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.