1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Palin has been called every disgusting, misogynistic name in book on this site. By some of the most tolerant posters in sj history even!

HanSenSE, RickStain and old_tony like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Ignatius_J._Reilly likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hope he picks a great VP, 'cause he's only going to do the fun parts.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Then what in the world is everyone so worried about?

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You point, forever and ever, when this kind of thing comes up, is that I should somehow speak on behalf of all liberals. That I'm somehow responsible for not only my own thought crimes, but stupid shit said by everyone from Jon Stewart to Starman.

Let's be fucking realistic about the scope here. I'm not responsible for every nasty thing aaid about the Palins written on Daily Kos or said at a meeting of Bolsheviks. I do, however, feel comfortable calling out any sad, fat (former) sportswriters *here* who think it's clever to be disgusted by the idea of Hillary Clinton, a grandmother, having sex.

Frankly, the mental picture of Donald Trump, a sad toad of a man who has a paunch the size of a football and body hair that looks like foie gras, having sex with anyone horrifies me, but I'm not sure what the point of mentioning that would be, other than I have no argument of substance and am looking for a distraction.

I am only responsible for things I've said, not every liberal in history who has every hurt Sarah Palin's feelings or cracked jokes about her obviously faked pregnancy.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Why ‘Hillary Is Even Worse’ Doesn’t Cut It, by Charles Murray, National Review

"We have never had a president whose character proved to be more admirable once he was in office than it had appeared during the campaign. What you see on your television screen every day from Donald Trump the candidate is the best that you can expect from Donald Trump the president. “Hillary is even worse” doesn’t cut it."

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That guy does not take into account that he remembered YF's name.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Sarah Palin looked like Bella Abzug, her highest political office would have been Wasilla Township drain commissioner.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm just saying what others have said. The guy is charming in small settings. He does little things like call you by your name.

That's not an argument for why he should be President. The guy's a salesman, and he dies the things you'd expect out of a good salesman.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes. Only Dems are judged on their brains and talent alone.

It's funny, Trump's camp said they likely would not pick a woman or minority as VP, as they didn't want to be seen as pandering, and they were criticized for this.

Yet, if he did pick a woman or minority, that's exactly what he would be accused of.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

#liberalsareterrible

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

FTFY ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.