1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If this was the game I recall, it was a Sunday Night game.
    Yeah.....pretty bizarre.

RickStain likes this.
  3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And all this after the Padres' front office nearly dis a full Kroc earlier this week. And it's barely June.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

My favorite part of that game was the official scorer utilizing his right to award the W to the reliever who pitched most effectively. So Armando Benitez entered in a save situation and got the win. Poor Eric Cammack, who probably didn't deserve to win after giving up three runs in an inning yet finished his big league career 0-0.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Giants- Pence out 6-8 weeks. Hammy.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did that color commentator ever walk back after saying he would if his team came back from like a 12-0 deficit to win? Think it was Phillies and Bucs, maybe 1989 or 1990.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's baseball more than it is steroids. I remember, as a kid, going to a Dodgers-Phillies game at the Vet. Dodgers led 8-2 after the seventh inning, Phillies scored six in the eighth (two of them on a pinch-hit single off the center field wall by Mike Schmidt; the ball was hit so hard it came rocketing back to the center fielder and that was all he could get out of it) and wound up winning 10-7.
    Looked it up on baseball reference.com and had no idea until now that a young Orel Hershiser started the game for the Dodgers. Eight-year-old me was too busy eating a hoagie and watching the pitchers in the bullpen, since our seats overlooked it.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Guessing he'll do everything he can to get back this year since the Mets are in the mix. After that? Probably gotta hang 'em up.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah he won't want that $67 million he has coming through 2020.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

That was Jim Rooker, the Pirates commentator. He actually did do the walk to raise money for charity; called it "Rooker's Intentional Walk" or something like that.

EDIT: Thanks for the link, Predictor

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted