1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess in this case a "better choice" would be someone who actually agrees to run.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    old_tony and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I was pretty that it had something to do with true love.

But then, I realized that I was confusing my Billy Crystals.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Kristol and I aren't especially close -- our friendship cooled when he became aware of the crush that @cranberry has on him -- but I know who David French is.

cranberry likes this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

His Twitter feed is good for a laugh every morning.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

SJ.com summer outing idea: watch Dick defend cranberry when doc sues for alienation of affection.

old_tony likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

dixiehack, Double Down and EStreetJoe like this.
  7. doctorquant

Kristol's or French's? (I don't do Twitter other than periodic swoop-ins to make sure that my kids are behaving) ...

8. cranberry

Kristol's. I've been enjoying the desperation, his delusions of power and the butthurt, not necessarily in that order. I hadn't heard of French before Kristol started talking about him. I rarely read the Weekly Standard or the National Review.

9. doctorquant

Nah, I've moved on. I've been making time with this sloe-eyed Sabra* on Herself's social media team ...

*THIS IS A JOKE

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. cranberry

12. doctorquant

Sheesh ... I know you peaked at the age of 6, but this is pretty lame. Do you even know where Brownsville is?

For the board's benefit: Brownsville is right the fuck on the Rio Grande at that southernmost tip of Texas. I've been there a few times, and it's an amazing experience. It's as if you're in another country even though you've yet to cross a border. The demographic is something like 95% Hispanic, and English is decidedly the second language there.

A politician from that town disagreeing with Der Trumpenfuhrer is the quintessence of dog-bites-man ...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.