1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What's his move, then, in that hypothetical?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Apologize to America on behalf of the Republican Party, promise reforms, etc and etc. Though the winning move would be denouncing the GOP and starting the Conservative Party of America as a serious-minded, small-government focused and fiscally-responsible alternative to the Republicans.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He goes professorial scorched earth on Trump, says he won't vote for Clinton but cannot vote for Trump, calls him a fake conservative, says this type of hatred doesn't represent the party, etc. Ryan is not the economic wunderkimd he's sometimes presented as, but he is smart and practical in many ways. He wouldn't tie the party's future to Trump if he crossed that line. I'm sure most people think he already has crossed the line, and all Trump would have to do to create a spirited (insane) debate on cable news and SJ.com is make the argument that "rappers can say that word, so why can't I say it?" but Ryan would eject like Maverick in Top Gun caught in Iceman's jetwash. Someone might die along the way, like Goose did, but Ryan would live to fly again.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Trump won't cross that line, because he seems to be one of those racists who doesn't realize he's a racist because he doesn't do things like use naughty words. But it's an interesting thought experiment, to me, to contemplate who would maintain the endorsement. Probably very few. But it's hollow unless you endorse Hillary, or at least somebody with a real chance to win.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If Paul Ryan believed in small government and practiced that belief, sure, that could happen.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Funny how Paul Ryan has become much less terrible -- practical even! -- than he was four years ago.

old_tony likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Why Trump will win the White House

Trump will crush Clinton in the debates.

People watched with a mixture of horror and amusement as Trump took apart his opponents during the Republican debates. Ted Cruz was supposed to be a debate champion in college. He couldn’t withstand Trump’s assaults. ... Also, Clinton is not a very good debater.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, we should also note that, much as such a brand might appeal to me, that package hasn't been exactly flying off the shelves. If Trump's done one thing, he's shown how little a significant proportion of the right cares about small government, etc.

cranberry and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

No, no, no, no, no.

I've always said the same things about him that I'm saying now.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Well, most posters are not as open-minded as you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.