1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Line of the night:

Guys like you bury guys like me.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cena also accidentally called them The Bullet Club. Heh heh.

3. KYSportsWriter

So that's at least two botched promos tonight.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That segement was really good. Cena's at his best with that edge and the real life/smark criticism and obvs Styles is outstanding. (Besides New Day. Useless).

They're doing a great job building this feud while they botch Reigns-Rollins and run SOS on the ladder match.

5. KYSportsWriter

How are they botching Reigns-Rollins?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Overall, it seems stupid to fight so hard to keep Reigns face when you had Rollins, returning from injury, ready to get a face reaction. But to your point, I thought Monday had a good segment on that. WWE can edit the hell out of a video package.

Re: Monday's Raw, man, Teddy Long was brutal out there. I couldn't tell if they had originally scripted for him to be kind of bad, or if he was so bad they decided to just go with it and shit on him the rest of the show.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Batman likes this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

Last time they were both actually in a ring the crowd was dead and they follow that up by not having either of them enter the arena the next week. Not good. All the organic energy that was there at Extreme Rules is gone.

10. Baron Scicluna

What Greenwell said, for one. Rollins should be the face right now. Reigns should be the heel. Fans respect Rollins, and were rooting for him in his comeback. They don't want to see big Roman pound on him.

That, plus their first match is at MITB. Everyone knows that the title isn't changing hands there, so everyone already knows the program is continuing to Summerslam, so they're not getting too invested in this upcoming match.

11. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I think that after the experience of John Cena over the last decde the WWE has moved into a new world where they actually understand that the nominal "face" (Reigns) can be the heel people will pay to see lose, and the nominal "heel" (Rollins) can the performer that people want to see win.

Or at least, the WWE will work with that until a genuine hot face comes along.

12. JimmyHoward33

So least anticipated NXT Takeover since........2014 probably?

I'm sure it'll be a B-B+ show but I don't think it'll reach the level of the previous few shows. These rematches just aren't lighting the world on fire.

Not for nothing, but I don't understand what the hell they're doing with Bayley and Sasha Banks. Not 10 months ago they were the hottest thing in the company and stole the entire weekend from Summerslam. Now neither of them is on their respective PPV/Network specials. It's insanity.

Draft saved Draft deleted