1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Machado won't get as many games as Odor. Different circumstances. I'll say it'll be five games in the end. Ventura will also get five games and miss a scheduled start.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Always seems to be one team in the middle of these things. Looking forward to further missives about how they are everything that is right with the game.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Problem is, Machado started this shit.
    Machado crying when he gets pitched inside to. Fly out to left, then start talking shit.
    Words exchanged in the 2nd
    Someone started it, someone finished it.........won't be over though.
    I'm saying Hosmer, Cain, or Dyson wears one early.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He started it because Ventura has a well earned reputation for beaning people with 98 mph fastballs. Yordano is a punk bitch.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm not disagreeing with that.
    Someone from the Royals (Lefebvre wouldn't say who, and told the crew not to replay it) was yelling at Ventura.
    There's some issues there for sure.

6. Dick Whitman

I know. It's always the other team's fault. Always. Always the same team in the middle of these. Always the same guy. But always the other guy's fault.

And I doubt one of those guys "wears one early," because - and this might escape those who watch the Royals regularly - not every roster is comprised of immature hot-tempered head-hunters.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

To be fair, it's obvious I'm a Orioles fanboi, but Machado has been involved in a significant scrap before in Oakland, too. So he's not innocent.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

There's a pretty good chance Ventura doesn't finish the year with KC. Everybody in the clubhouse is sick of him and Passan is already talking about him being on the trading block.

9. Dick Whitman

I wonder which Yankees player snuck the pine tar on George Brett's bat, then dressed up as him and tried to attack an umpire.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Right, that's probably related to a hotheaded kid who was eight years from being born when it happened.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Same fans.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

If your contention is that Royals fans should stop throwing at guys and getting into bench-clearing brawls, I can't say I disagree.

Draft saved Draft deleted