1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What is "small government"? What, instead of 8,000 government workers you only want 6,700 government workers?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Small government" = keep everyone and all programs that directly benefit me. Everything else is a waste.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Which proves to be that many, many poll respondents lie when they claim to be religious or "Evangelical," whatever that means. Whatever you think of Cruz -- and I think he's a dangerous, delusional theocrat -- he probably does believe what he says. Trump, on the other hand, has absolutely no religious beliefs that he actively or cogently discusses, yet self-proclaimed Evangelicals voted for him to a very high degree.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Now wait just a damn minute. Between getting his knob bobbed all day every day by Morning Joe, like you said earlier, and this daily nut licking you mentioned, how the hell does Donnie get anything done? What kind of time are we talking on his nuts? What about on the knob? WE NEED NUMBERS!

cjericho likes this.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm really starting to want a Trump presidency just for the entertainment value Starman will bring.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

"as brilliant?" You've seen his IQ test?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I get this, but he's the only one showing the appropriate level of desperation at the inevitable disaster. They should all be sitting together, creatively fantasizing to determine which impossible scenario is least impossible and then going down swinging instead of lining up behind Trump as though he were just another nominee who was disappointing to the purists. History will not judge him poorly for his actions now.

Big Circus and Double Down like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No IQ test could fully capture the brilliance that is @Starman.

10. Guy_Incognito

Or Jesse Ventura, but the stakes were lower.

HC likes this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well said.

For liberals and conservatives alike, stopping this and saving America from Trump and his not-so-merry band of idiots should be an urgent national priority at this point.

12. Guy_Incognito

To clarify, we're way past the "true conservative'"time. What he is grasping for is anyone who is not a humiliating, disgrace who presents an existential threat to he party, movement and anything they might still stand for. I would donate money (never have or plan to to a politician) to someone who could get him off the ballot, even if s/he were guaranteed to lose. The party has lost elections before. It's worse than winning, but you tip your cap, lick your wounds and try again next time. This is an unprecedented emergency and not enough people in positions of power are treating it that way. I wish Kristol were a little better at it and had a lot more company, but I'm glad he's doing it over doing nothing.

Inky_Wretch and MisterCreosote like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.