1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Horseshit. That's not just some knee jerk theory, instead it's backed by undeniable demographic shifts that are only going to increase in the future. Every year the US grows more racially and ethnically diverse, less religious, and with greater economic disparity between the few rich and everybody else. Which means the Republican party's traditional base is gradually shrinking/dying off while the Dem base continues to grow and expand.

Republicans have been trying to offset those trends in recent years by blatantly pandering to our dumbest and most xenophobic. But that's a dangerous strategy that has now backfired in a big ugly way with the rise of Trump. It's no solution for the long term.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

3. old_tony

You watch the news, no?

4. old_tony

Did you ever notice how other races claim they can't get justice from a WHITE judge or jury and no one bats an eye? Based on the reaction to Trump's comments, clearly those other people also are racist. Right?

5. old_tony

Bullshit.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, actually, I haven't noticed anybody saying much of that for years. But I'm sure the right-wing screech machine has been getting more and more outraged by it.

7. old_tony

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Trump's best move at this point might be lay low until the GOP convention. Take a long vacation on one of his yachts, pretend he cares about his real estate properties ... whatever he likes to do for fun in his spare time (Hi, Starman ... ;))

The 90 percent of Americans who are unplugged from presidential election politics until after Labor Day can't be reached during the summer, unless it's by some stupid/racist comment or mistake that gets blown up by the media.

Take a break, Donald ... the pennant isn't won in May (or early June) ...

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Perhaps no one bats an eye because there is about 100 years of precedent to help them make their case?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Parties aren't static. The Democrats came up with the DLC to get Clinton elected.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, double dumbass on you!!

I'm not going to out myself by linking or copy/pasting, but I have indeed had exchanges precisely like this:

THEM: Trump is awesome because he's not politically correct, he says whatever he wants and doesn't care who doesn't like it.

ME: He's a fascist racist and an incest-obsessed daughterfucker.

THEM: GASP!!! My god, how dare you! We don't allow that language here!!

(In fact, I've actually been banned from a couple "flaming liberal" sites because they interpret the term "daughterfucker, " in and of itself, to be unforgivably sexist. But of course, once again, ***I*** wasn't the one who told THE PIG to go on teevee multiple times and discuss the theoretical prospect of fucking his daughter with slobbering horny enthusiasm.)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Try throwing an "alleged" in there and see if it flies better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.