1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's hilarious reading that Trump didn't pay the lawyers hired to represent him in lawsuits filed by other people he didn't pay. I hope he also didn't pay the lawyers representing him in lawsuits filed by the attorneys he didn't pay for representing him in lawsuits filed by other people.

TowelWaver and Stoney like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's how he'll solve the national debt!!

3. Inky_Wretch

Look China, you gotta cut our debt by 70 percent and cap it or else!

4. Starman

Or sue me! Get in line, there are 3,500 in front of you!

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that 3500 number. Hard to fathom how consistently one must fuck people over to get sued at that rate.

Four bankruptcies, 3500 lawsuits, a list of failed ventures, and lifelong pattern of simply refusing to pay his bills. Oh, but he's qualified to be prez on the "brilliant billionaire businessman" grounds. What a farce.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Starman

One Trump-pumper said to me, "oh, he gets sued a lot because people know he's a billionaire and they think they'll clean up."

Uhmm.... No. You DO NOT sue billionaires just for the hell of it thinking you're going to pick up easy money, because one thing billionaires have is lawyers, and plenty of them. No lawyer with any brains will sue a billionaire unless he thinks he has a pretty good case, because the billionaire will drag your ass through court for years until the legal costs bust you.

7. Inky_Wretch

Well, you have to have plenty of lawyers when you're not paying them. Otherwise you can get by with fewer if your checks clear.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

With Rasmussen showing Clinton +4 today, the Trump nomination bump is formally dissipated. She's averaging a five-point lead in polls released in June.

And that's before her own nomination bump, which is coming soon with all these endorsements and positive press.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If only someone had gone through all the lawsuits and taken a look at how they turned out.

I bet Trump lost nearly all of them, huh?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Take a look at PPP in Pennsylvania and Florida. She's not pulling away.

Take a look too when Johnson and Stein are included. The numbers don't change.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A pair of state polls doesn't dismiss the larger movement.

Johnson and Stein are irrelevant. They'll be down below 2% each come November.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

HHH was a pretty standard Minnesota liberal Democrat. His problem was that he was old and establishment in a youth revolution election year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.