1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, Trump is going to win. I don't think you have much to worry about at this point.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with voter ID as long as non-governmental identification is allowed. Forcing people to show papers to exercise a fundamental right is a no-no.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in seeing evidence of voter fraud associated with the absence of ID. Has anyone ever demonstrated there's a problem to be fixed? Otherwise, I'll go on viewing such legislation as attempts to suppress the vote of poor people.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Voter fraud is the political system's version of transgender bathroom predators.

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wake me up when she says the donor did a "heckuva job" as people were dying in a flooded major city.

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fixed.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Last night I was talking to my uncle who is a law professor and he brought up a delegate revolt as something he was hoping for. Today, Politico had a piece stating that 4 of 10 of its Republican Caucus members were looking for a way to defeat Trump through some procedural method or rules change. How would any of this be possible?

9. cranberry

I'll bet people are studying the rules to figure it out as we speak. Maybe Cleveland will be entertaining after all?

Hopefully Dick hasn't already thrown away his Kasich betting slip.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think the way both parties work is that the rules -- e.g., who can vote, what constitutes a majority, etc. -- are finalized at the convention. So I guess they're looking for some means by which they could take hold of that process and then provide an avenue for Trump delegates to turn away from him. At least that's what I'd think their thought process is ...

11. cranberry

12. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Well, the Anybody but Clinton movement isn't big or strong enough to survive when they piss off the Trump supporters who more than being for Trump, are pissed off about the ruling elite, the misrepresented job numbers and other related elements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.