1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The GOP should end all pretense and just nominate David Duke next time.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Amazing how many friends, acquaintances and co-workers I've seen who have seamlessly switched from being republicans appalled by Trump to a republican who can support him bc, well, fuck Hillary. They say that anyway, but any democratic nominee would get the same response. This election has already made me lose respect for a lot of people I know. I was raised by republicans and have always considered myself pretty moderate. My mother, who held elected office as a councilwoman in our town, would be fucking appalled by Trump. She used to like to talk about him during dinner back in the 1980s bc she thought he was entertaining and a clown. If we hadn't cremated her, she'd be rolling over in her grave knowing that putz is the GOP nominee

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Must have sucked back in the day when everyone's political thoughts were not readily available and you had to factor in things like work ethic, dependability, treatment of those closest to them and various other lesser characteristics when deciding on whom to respect.

old_tony likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The eye test!

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Do you think these other "non political thought" factors favor Trump?

And when exactly was this supposed day when we knew all those "various lesser characteristics" about candidates but nothing of their political thoughts? Can't say I recall it. A candidate who failed to communicate any of his political views would be a profoundly inept one, both today and in other era.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I don't respect people who miss my point.

old_tony likes this.
  10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I doubt even you know precisely what your point was in that illogical mess of a post. But, hey, kudos on finally trying to express a thought that went beyond one line.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    BDC99 and TowelWaver like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The closest parallel to Trump as a candidate in the last 50 years was George Wallace, and he was a fucking idiot too.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.