1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Would you call Rachel Doleanz (or whatever tf her name is) "Harriett Tubman"?

Would you call Shaun King "Kunta Kinte"?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Would Telenova Tony call them that? Um, hell yes.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That tweet sounds like the start of a "gotcha" thread here.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He should have called her "Fauxcahontos" ...

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

HE would, but the general you would not.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

General Bluster.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I can't understand why Clinton and her surrogates, and the media looking at Trump with a cynical eye for that matter, don't get it that factual stories calling him out for his bullshit roll right off his back. He does not care as long as he stays in the headlines, because his true believers don't care what Snopes or Factcheck or the NYT say about him. If you want to make a dent in Trump, attack his brand, the "I'm so successful. I'm a self made man. I'm a great businessman!" horseshit. That's where he is vulnerable. Pointing out that the facts don't jibe with his lies just lets him play the "biased media, they are vile people!" card.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's vulnerable on everything.

They're not trying to change any of his supporters' "minds," such as they are.

They're trying to solidify the conventional wisdom among the "undecided" voters that every single word the pig utters is bullshit.

They're hammering him on the self-made man horseshit too. The Trump U case could really fuck him over when financial disclosure reveals most of his "billionaire" status is bullshit.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, latest Trump tweet says "he called it" and was right to call for a ban on Muslims entering the U.S.

Do you think he realizes that would have done NOTHING to prevent the Orlando massacre?

What might have helped? Stopping a person on an FBI watch list from buying an assault rifle.

I really hope this country does not elect this buffoon.

HanSenSE and Stoney like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

I think it is highly likely that it is going to.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Totally.

There should be some real concerns about, and consequences for, someone who is the subject of an FBI investigation.

12. Dick Whitman

Which other people who haven't committed a crime should have a constitutional right taken away?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.