1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Do you have any form of source for that, or are you just making shit up out of whole cloth to find something to blame Obama for, facts be damned?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

Did you read my whole post?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm guessing there must have been some Tweets in the early 2000s that Bin Laden was dead but Bush was waiting to share the news. My money's on either Alec Baldwin or Susan Sarandon.

4. YankeeFan

LOL.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Twitter founded March 21, 2006. Maybe that counts as "early 2000s". It certainly comes after the October surprise Bin Laden announcement we were expecting in 2004.

6. Dick Whitman

OK, then how does YF know about it then, huh?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hold off on the grave dancing for a bit.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Didn't YF work for Giuliani? I'm sure he knows how Bush ordered 9/11 and killed bin Laden in 2002 to cover it up.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

It was going to be the big October Surprise:

CALLER: Yes. My question is the secret technology that you spoke of, if it's so good, why don't we use it to catch bin Laden. Did you ask the general about that?

KING: Bob?

WOODWARD: Very good question. I don't say it's technology. I would say it's operations, and the White House released a statement last week saying there are newly developed techniques and operations. So we'll see. Maybe they can use it on bin Laden and, all of a sudden, the September or the October surprise is going to be the apprehension or the death of bin Laden.

CNN.com - Transcripts

But now, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright is telling reporters that the Bush administration may already have captured Osama bin Laden and will release the news just before next year's presidential election.

On Fox News Channel's "Special Report with Brit Hume," Roll Call reporter Morton Kondracke recounted Albright's comments to him during an encounter before Tuesday night's broadcast, while she was waiting in the green room to appear on another show.

Kondracke said the former Clinton official approached him and asked, "Do you suppose that the Bush administration has Osama bin Laden hidden away somewhere and will bring him out before the election?"

Kondracke said that Albright didn't seem to be joking, explaining, "She was not smiling."
    He shot back, "You can't seriously believe that."
    Albright replied that she thought a bin Laden October Surprise orchestrated by Bush was "a possibility."

Reacting to Albright's bizarre outburst, former Reagan administration drug czar Bill Bennett told Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes": "It's nuts. It's staggering. It's paranoid.

"Maybe this is the style of thinking she'd grown accustomed to in the Clinton administration," he added. "Shame on her for saying that, as a former secretary of state of the United States."

Albright - Bush May Be Planning Bin Laden 'October Surprise'

11. Dick Whitman

Well, if it makes you feel any better, liberal college students hate her now, too, and were angry that she was selected to give a commencement speech over a cupcake blogger.

12. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Got me thinking, since Obama's time in office how many Muslims has he had a hand in killing? I am going to say 40,000 or so which is a staggering number yet many still accuse him of being soft on terrorists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.