1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, I think they were probably pretty devout believers who perhaps thought the West was corrupting them.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Where did the hate come from?

This is line of thinking is what's crazy.

You're basically saying that homosexuality itself is a mental disorder, which drove him to murder.

3. YankeeFan

Exactly. The West is indulgent, and a threat to their way of life.

They see how enticing it can be. Hell, they were enticed by it. What of the weaker members of their faith?

What of the women, who may be tempted to show an ankle in public?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No. Self-loathing repression is a mental disorder.

Which was little doubt exacerbated by his own cultural surroundings.

Are there any other specific words I need to use in order to be taken seriously?

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm impressed, YF, that you can discern the shooter's previous statements were "just fucking around" and which are the God's-honest-truth.

It's OK to be patient and let the investigation take its course. Of course, your hatred for all Muslims would have to be back-burnered for a bit.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

With his dual degrees in long-distance neurology and long-distance psychiatry, it's a wonder YF even had time to learn how to handle an espresso machine.

7. YankeeFan

Don't beat around the bush. It wasn't, "exacerbated by his own 'cultural surroundings'".

His entire culture was Islam. That's what it is. It's not just a religion. It's everything.

Fuck. Orlando might as well be the Gay capitol of America. If you can't be out, and happy in Orlando in 2016, don't blame it on "cultural surroundings". Blame it on Islam.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I agree, YF. If the guarantee of religious freedom in the Bill of Rights is more damaging than it seems to be worth, we should find a way to create some exceptions.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What do you think "cultural surroundings" means? Don't pull this "Say the words!" bullshit with me.

I have no doubt his father's, and likely his entire family's, radical religious ideology played a part in his self loathing.

And, I'm also sure he's not the first person ever shamed by his religion into silence and, in turn, violence.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Perhaps he was providing cover for gay issues he may have been struggling with. Or maybe he was a straight up terrorist who really liked go case the joint.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

Is there some list I can find of mass murder perpetrated by self loathers, who weren't gay and Muslim?

Should anyone who we suspect of self loathing be on some kind of watch list, which would obviously prevent them from purchasing a gun?

Draft saved Draft deleted