1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think making it illegal to question anyone who goes to one would be a good first step. Better to have Muslims go on killing sprees every couple months than to be seen as intolerant. Killed by an angry Muslim, getting hit by a bus ... It's all happenstance.

old_tony likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Except we could provide proof/propaganda that our way of life was better.

"Can't speak out against your government? Well, in America, you can, and you won't be put in jail (unless you complained about capitalism, or were a dark-skinned person sitting at a lunch counter, that is).

"Unhappy over being told what your job is? Well, in America, you can choose your own job (except for women, who were told to stay home, and dark-skinned people in the South, who were told they couldn't be more than sharecroppers or janitors).

"In America, you don't have to vote for just one party. Why, you have TWO parties you can choose, and even some little parties if you don't like those (well, except for the Communists, who were threatened with dissolution, and those dark-skinned individuals in the South, who could only vote if they paid extra money, or were prohibited at all.)

Now, how do you promote that Western values, even the ones that are flawed, are better than the values currently being taught in their own culture?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Explain in what respect the US is ignoring Islamic radicalism?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Should there be a three-day waiting period, a background check, and make everyone watch some bloody videos be a requirement before someone can visit a mosque?

5. Mr. Sunshine

Countless people immediately making this about anything BUT Islam and its radicalizing effects doesn't bode well for the future. Hard to solve a problem if your first instinct is to deny it exists.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yes. Of course. I said, "we should ignore the threat of Islamic radicalism."

You read me like a book.

7. Mr. Sunshine

I am a bit mad you escaped newspapers.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Instead of making this about me and my golden parachute away from a dying industry ....

Maybe you can tell us what you'd like to do to stop radical Islam in America.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If we're "ignoring" radical Islam, what are we doing to gun violence?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That's insipid. We've been fighting a multi-front war, both foreign and domestic, against Islamic terrorist groups and putting billions of dollars and tens of thousands of our best people toward it and using every means available in terms of intelligence and military for more than a decade now. There is no one denying its existence.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Forget it. He's just a disgusting human being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.