1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Muslims are good at science!

Barack Obama: Nasa must try to make Muslims 'feel good'

Muslims invented the concept of Zero!

The very numbers we use are "Arabic" numbers!

OK. OK. Muslims are brilliant.

But, other than some kid "inventing" a clock, what are their scientific accomplishments in the last 500 years?

We patronize. We really do.

Islam holds back human achievement. It oppresses women, sexuality, and free thinking.

It's no different than the ideology that rules North Korea.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Congrats. You have a very consistent view of Muslims. One that is not shared by many who actually know Muslim folks.

3. YankeeFan

Sorry. You knew the most perfect Muslim ever -- Mohammad Ali.

I live in reality.

I live in a multi-cultural world, and city.

Middle Eastern culture has many beautiful things about it. Many of those things pre-date Islam.

Islam does not allow people to live freely. This is obvious. Look where it is in ascendency. Is there a Muslim nation on this earth where any of us would want to settle, and raise a family? (Living in Dubai for a couple of years doesn't count.)

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I think Shaq is the most perfect muslim ever.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'm sure BDC can find the time to dig through some of my posts and show you that I am more than capable of articulating what I think/believe when that is needed. The snark and one-liners help keep this place from becoming the ideological borefest you would find Elsewhere.

We have plenty of posters here and Elsewhere who take themselves so seriously that they seem to have lost all sense of humor and the ability to explain even the simplest comments they might make in frustration.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You make some good points. So what do we do about it? Ignore Muslims? Fight them? Bar them from the country?

Generally, when we work toward better relations with oppressive countries/regimes, don't the people often tend to want the freedoms we enjoy?

7. YankeeFan

8. YankeeFan

Ask the Israelis how easy it's been to negotiate with Muslims -- even "moderate" Muslims.

As for our Freedoms, we don't even offer this to Muslims. Hell, we turned over Iraq to the Iraqi's and let them put in a constitution that allows the death penalty for homosexuality.

Sorry. We should have written a constitution and imposed it on them.

We broke it, we bought it? Fine. Here it is.

Instead, we said, "Oh, Islam is beautiful and peaceful, of course a Constitution that recognizes Sharia Law makes sense here. What could go wrong?"

We tell Muslims that there are no problems with their religion. The only problem is some "small percentage" of folks who have "twisted" it.

Our very freedoms are what incense Muslims who become more religious. So, even when a pro-American Muslim moves here, and accepts our culture, and embraces its freedoms, we have to worry about their kid watching a YouTube video, that call on him to attack our freedom from within.

Islam is not compatible with our culture.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OK, kill em all. Snap to it.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, the best solution is to impose on them something they hate, is completely incompatible with their culture and turns them more radical and dangerous?

Sounds like a good plan.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You know, that same kind of argument was made about the Irish, the Africans, the Chinese, etc., etc. Somehow, we have survived.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So about the Russians hacking the DNC's oppo research on Trump ...

(I mean, can't we keep all the Muslim stuff on the Orlando thread?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.