1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Allah was wise, and provided for the murder of that pretty white girl, so we could still debate the mass murder in Orlando.

old_tony likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Interesting pivot, stating that Pulse was not a gay club per se but that a lot of gay people just happened to be there.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Did you even read or skim the 9-11 report? The 20th hijacker tripped alarms in Minnesota a month before 9-11 because he wanted expedited flight training on commercial airlines. Not exactly working with Carlos the Jackal here. Instead of elevating it to the proper intelligence channels, they just nabbed him for an immigration violation. I'd go read the 9-11 report and see how many different ways they could have been alerted to what was going on.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would argue that it was a gay club that -- like many gay clubs -- probably had a minority of straight people there. Most heterosexual guys aren't routinely going to hang around a dance club that has a bunch of dudes dancing with each other.

Plus, Orlando has a large gay population (especially theme park workers).

That said, if you can deal with it, the folks at gay clubs are probably having more fun and living it up more than at "straight" clubs.

5. YankeeFan

And cheap drink specials!

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Some "gay" clubs wind up with a 50/50 mix - especially if they stay open later than the usual bars, pubs and nightclubs in town.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And no women trying to paw at you in the men's room.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.:)

Kidding aside, if you can't see that you played a role in the downfall of that thread, you are even farther gone than I thought.

9. YankeeFan

Tea Partier.

I blame the NRA.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Has anyone gotten any Tom Izzo quotes since this happened?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If he's Somali, it's probably the pirate in him.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Fucks Mike Leach got to do with it?

Draft saved Draft deleted