1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Shootings need to be like abortions -- safe and rare.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't remember you being this lazy when you are caught in the past. Too bad you don't have it in you to admit what you did on that thread.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh good, he's back. You've been missed.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

I see that. Y'all managed to shit all over the thread about the horrific mass shooting in Orlando without me. Just like you are doing on this one.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

From the column:

Rolling Stone hasn't been "a vehicle for far left politics" for about 40 years.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ah, you're showing your age (or mine!) Yes before there was fundamentalist Muslims, there were disgruntled postal workers shooting up the workforce, hmmm did we try to keep postal workers from immigrating? Or offspring of postal immigrants?

At some point, someone is going to acknowledge the facts, the San Bernadino and Orlando shooters were not immigrants, they were US born citizens, same as Donald Trump, Hilary Clinton, and myself, eligible to be elected US President, but who chose to read the propaganda put out by others. When the Rosenbergs chose the same path (okay spying is not = shooting but its a close analogy), did anyone say let's deport all people of Jewish faith and close our borders to those of the Jewish faith? We have failed as a country to keep our citizens loyal to the security of our country. That's our problem, not ISIS' problem.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Smallpotatoes and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Maybe just that not many lunatics left to get in that car.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, politically it definitely falls in the "common sense" column ... [/rollingmyeyes]

cjericho and old_tony like this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Looks like the streak is over.
    Also ironic that a publication that made a mockery of one Constitutional amendment, is calling for a repeal of another one because people have abused it. If that's their standard, where's the column about repealing the First Amendment because certain people are irresponsible in how they exercise those rights?

12. outofplace

It really is educational to see the vice-like grip the NRA has on the Republican Party's balls in action.

Draft saved Draft deleted