1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If Trump somehow were elected president, would he be the least popular president since Tyler? His Accidency had managed to piss off everyone.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Andrew Johnson scaled the peaks of repulsion, too.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Serious question: I totally get why that would be fun, but can the prominent democrats really say anything to change minds at this point? Hillary will win easily of nobody makes waves.

I think it's a lot more likely a prominent Democrat gets overheated and says something that hurts her than attacks cutting into Trump's numbers. But they don't have to cut into his numbers.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ryan and Christie may finally abandon ship at that point.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It would be revealing to see the deflectors/rationalizers/ alibi spinners.

As well as the debate over whether it would qualify as First Amendment political speech.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I still refuse to rule out him, behind closed doors, being like "What the hell do I have to do to get out of this mess? I'm trying every trick I know to get fired. I don't want to be president. Jesus. These assholes have got to stop me from running. Maybe I'll just imply the President is a sleeper cell. That will make Sunshine and YankeeFan happy and I'll get booted off the ticket and tell everyone for 20 year, I could've won if they let me."

As I said when he won Indiana, it's only going to get worse. He'll call Hillary a bitch at some point. He'll say wetback or spade. We're headed that way. He's dying to get off this tiger he's riding and 37 percent of people just keep eating it up.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If he wants a "graceful exit" then he has one chance to go out as a martyr, and that's if:
    A) Someone like Romney actually does mount a challenge at the convention;
    and
    B) The Republican leadership gets behind Candidate X.
    Then Trump, who has said all along that he cannot win without the support (assuming financial, logistical and political) of the party, can simply say, "I can't win when my party is split. Therefore I decline the nomination. Enjoy the mess I've left you, gentlemen. This whole thing was small potatoes anyway."
    Trump gets to look like he was double-crossed and claim he's still a "winner," even though he didn't complete the process.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, taking a break from the campaign for a minute, here's a helpful reminder that China is not our friend.

California Resident Convicted of Conspiring to Illegally Export Fighter Jet Engines and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle to China | OPA | Department of Justice

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Here's how it happens, Double Down:

[​IMG]

Big Circus, old_tony and Double Down like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And then he starts a show, "backseat president" where every week, he says what he would have done differently as president and why things would have been better. 37% of the nation is a great rating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.