1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

What can I say .... I agree it's not as appealing as Rush's "Look - everything wrong with the world today is because Liberals, and our only chance to prevent total collapse is to vote for Republicans," but I do the best I can.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The Party of Trump has forfeited the moral highground.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Trump at 32 percent in Reuters poll out today.

Is that good?

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Unless you're a neighbor disagrees with your political leanings. Then it's OK to back off on the love thing.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Link? Or are you just assuming, because you want that to be the case?

7. YankeeFan

32%?

I'm seeing 34.8%

And, Clinton is at 46%. Is that "good"? It's better than Trump, but I'm not sure how it's good.

It's funny too. When Trump had a few good polls, folks rushed in to tell us how polls in June meant nothing. Now, they're super important when Hillary is leading.

The Bloomberg poll was especially funny. Hillary's lead dropped 6 percentage points from the precious poll, and it was great news! And, despite running against Donald Trump 46% of respondents chose a candidate other than Hillary Clinton.

Trump is a disaster of a candidate. He's bought way to far into the idea of running a campaign differently than everyone else. But you do need some infrastructure and message control. If he understood this, he'd likely be leading.

Hillary is also a terrible candidate, and is not likable.

But, she'll still probably win.

8. Mr. Sunshine

There's more to life than links. Maybe get off the Internet and live a little.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sounds like Trump will win a landslide. I agree.

10. YankeeFan

Justin thinks Republicans don't agree with his "political philosophy".

He also assumes that believing as he does makes him a Democrat by default -- as if Republicans don't largely have the same goals as Democrats, but disagree on how to achieve them.

By his statement, it's clear that Justin thinks Jesus is a Democrat, and that he's on the side of good.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Have you ever seen a Republican with long hair?

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I like the version of Christianity in which you show your love for your neighbor by pointing guns at someone else to get that someone to help your neighbor.

old_tony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.