1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the Official Nominee of the Official Party of Jesus and America. Treasure him, GOP.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You realize that posting things you disagree with or becoming engaged in an online argument doesn't make one "disgusting" or a "scumbag," right?

Obviously, that's a rhetorical question for someone such as yourself.

So let me explain a few things.

I can and have, unlike you, explain my position on any number of issues. I can make snarky comments to tweak posters. I can make funny comments. Would you like me to tell you how many likes I have? I'm as comfortable on a politics thread as I am on a football thread. I've been hanging around here off and on for a decade, joking, bullshitting, debating and occasionally wasting my time in a pointless argument with posters who take themselves way too seriously (but, hey, gotta throw a wrench into the works every once in a while).

You, on the other hand, can do only two things: speak in generalities and call people names. You're a bore and a simpleton whose avatar is more exciting than his personality.

I eagerly await your next "nuanced" take on, well, anything.

Until then, I'm sure you will give all of us plenty of chances to prove MY MY point.

:)

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

#irony

5. Mr. Sunshine

Come on, Baron, that's an sj term of affection when directed at you. Pretty sure it's in the stylebook.

Also, that's not even close to irony, and I don't think you're a scumbag or disgusting. Have nothing to really judge that on -- other than your dumb posts. :)

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bernie Bros will have a sad. He's ending it tonight.

7. Mr. Sunshine

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

MY MY. You realize labeling people who disagree with you "baby killers" makes you a scumbag, right? No? I'm stunned.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What? My support of baby killers doesn't make me disgusting or scumbaggy enough?

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Naw, he's just being politcally incorrect.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Gulf States have followed the standard Republican dogma: Don't take federal money for medicare, which leads to cuts in availability of treatment and to rural hospital closings. Close as many Planned Parenthood offices as possible, with the result that there is less access to prenatal care and to contraception.. Write statutes designed to harass, force to move, or force to close abortion clinics. Now add in Congress dragging their feet about funding programs to fight Zika and eradicate mosquitoes, again politicizing a public health matter. It's now mosquito season, and this is the first year that there will be domestic cases of Zika.

Lower income people have less access to care, including prenatal care. Their houses are more likely to have inadequate air conditioning and windows that are not adequately screened. Lord knows we're not going to pass out mosquito netting as is done to protect poor villagers in Africa from mosquito borne illnesses.

I saw an article today that mentioned six women who had gotten Zika in the early stages of pregnancy. Three had stillbirths/ spontaneous abortions. Three had babies with microcephaly. The good news was that women who are more advanced in their pregnancy seem to have damage to their baby far less often.

My guess is that there won't be many pregnant Senator's daughters who remain on the Gulf Coast as they gestate.

Spin it how you want, Sunshine. This shapes up to have the potential for a generation of infants with profound birth defects. We are doing little to prevent it while the public health boffins beg for someone to pay attention. There will be a generation of afflicted children who will have huge needs for special care and treatment, and they'll cost money to care for. That says nothing of the heartache of the families and the burden that the care giving will place on them for decades.

CDC: 6 pregnancies in Zika-infected women resulted in birth defects

I'm old enough to remember Thalidomide babies. The response on a state and national level has been inadequate, and we'll see the results over the next couple of years.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is tremendous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.