1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, you must, too. You are in favor of restricting citizens on the no-fly list from purchasing guns. The citizens on that list, anecdotally, appear to be disproportionately Muslim.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I hadn't followed that facet of these stories all that closely, but Herself's proposal is the same as that recently proffered by the Constitutional scholar currently in residence at the White House. So I have to believe that all the fuss this time has to do with people having a problem with strong, accomplished women ...

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, their names are so similar, to make sure you've got the right guy on the list, you've got to put a bunch of 'em on there.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Not playing along with your trolling. Sorry.

5. YankeeFan

There's no way that Obama or Hillary think this is actually a good idea. They both know it's unconstitutional and won't accomplish anything.

But, they think they can score political points off of it.

Now, tell me how they're better than Trump.

And, tell me how the Dems who won't speak up against it aren't cowards in the same vein as Paul Ryan.

6. Dick Whitman

How in God's name is this "trolling"?

You asked me to "show [my] work" when I asserted that Hillary wants to bar people on the no-fly list from purchasing firearms.

Well, there it is.

7. YankeeFan

You're trying to make people defend a position and/or a politician they support's position.

Clearly trolling.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And has the government offered evidence as to why they are on the list? Or do they just throw anyone on there? If they do, then maybe there needs to be a better process for that no-fly list. But that would mean not throwing on there anyone who,has a funny-sounding name.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

In response to my post on a complete ban on guns, you said Hillary supports it. And I said I don't support the No Fly List ban.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Correct. Which is why I don't support it.

11. Dick Whitman

This is what you asked.

I answered by pointing you to Hillary's post supporting a ban on gun purchases for people on the no-fly list.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You should probably go back and read my posts

Draft saved Draft deleted