1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You said that very few people support a complete ban. I said that I know of one that does, and she is about to be elected president. You told me to show my work. I showed my work, linking straight to a public posting from the horse's mouth. You said that was trolling.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

In his context complete ban = no one can buy a gun. Not certain people can buy no guns.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And again, I don't support either. I support a ban, or at least more stringent licensing, on assault weapons. I have yet to see a reasonable argument for why anyone needs an AR15 or 30-round magazines.

5. Dick Whitman

OK, but Hillary Clinton doesn't think that people on the no-fly list should be able to buy guns at all. That's what she said. Do you agree?

6. Dick Whitman

I think they should be banned, as well. I don't think they are Constitutionally protected, and I think that they are too dangerous for people to own other than military and law enforcement (Hi, Alma!).

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I said no from the jump. No. Nor do I support abolishing the Second Amendment.

8. Dick Whitman

OK. And do you agree, though, that that's what she advocated?

9. Dick Whitman

I do.

amraeder likes this.
  10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

So after talking past each other, we're on the exact same page. Tell me more about Hillary and your feeling you think she is going to win.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Obviously. Yes.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

amraeder, board peacemaker! Nobel committee, I await your call!

Ace, dixiehack and BDC99 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted