1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Which is a big reason I support our right to bear arms (within reason)

We are now. But 10 years from now? We just don't know

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The only thing standing between the Negro Mooslem and an American caliphate is Cletus Cornpicker's this 'er rifle gun.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

People scoff when I refer to some sort of Red Dawn scenario or our government turning on us. Truth is, we cannot be sure. I'm sure many of the folks living under dictators around the world never thought it could happen to them.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I accept that we will never ban guns in this country. I wish we could but I know we won't. But if we did ban handguns and other non hunting types today, would there not be fewer guns on the street in 40 years? If we had a ban in 1976 do we have the problem we have today?

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I will never understand anyone who wants to ban guns outright. Makes zero sense to me.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

For almost eight years now, people have been crying wolf about this.
    No wonder people scoff about it.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How about 100 years from now?

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I don't know what you are referring to.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Will never happen. Until it does.

10. Smallpotatoes

Where have you been? All the talk about FEMA camps, Jade Helm 15, Agenda 21, Common Core, every single mass shooting being called a false flag (as well as the Boston Marathon bombing), etc.

11. Smallpotatoes

People will still be crying wolf and people like me will still be mocking them.

I tend to think the reason martial law, FEMA camps and the like never happened is because they were never going to happen.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Don't stop him. He's rolling."

Draft saved Draft deleted