1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So anybody who chooses a viewpoint in opposition to yours is ignorant? That statement is quite the toxic mix of ignorance and arrogance on your part.

Also, how exactly is it selfish? Please enlighten us. This should be entertaining.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

If you choose not to protect yourself and your family, that doesn't mean you should deny others the right to do so.

old_tony, Mr. Sunshine and Batman like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And if I was calling for a ban on all gun ownership, that might be relevant. It really is amazing how scared the NRA has you and so many others.

Just because they control your thinking doesn't mean some of us can't both protect our families and question a lobby that has too much power and too little sense.

Now please, allow Sunshine to explain himself. You are cutting into my entertainment.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You have a short attention span or reading comprehension issues if you think the NRA has any influence whatsoever on me. Not even remotely factual. Hilarious.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Maybe because Canada, in comparison to the U.S., is considered low-profile -- almost an afterthought -- in the world?

Or, if there already are three times the number of Muslims there as compared to the U.S., maybe it is already considered converted? So, no killing necessary.

And, of course, there are fewer guns and gun crimes there anyway, so if you're going to talk proportionately, that would figure in, too.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes. Fewer guns and gun crimes. You may be on to something.

Iron_chet, HC and YankeeFan like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Part of the shock in Britain about the MP being killed was that she was shot. (Yes, and stabbed, beside the point.) The entire country averages 50-60 gun deaths a year. How many cities can we list that exceeds that without even bothering to look it up?

Yes, yes, "Chicago". Whatever. You know what I'm saying here. Most of the world thinks that we are utterly insane, gun crazed.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Insane? Crazed? Seems to sum it up nicely.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You think Canada is considered converted? I'm not even sure how to respond to such idiocy

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Even if you, in particular, aren't calling for an all-out ban, others are.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

From the golf thread, though I found it fortuitous. Could never happen. Nope. Do I see Trump as a potential dictator? Not really. But he sure as shit exhibits the qualities.

Can someone please show their work on this?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

From a couple of pages back. And outside of the SJ Universe, a Google search will probably turn up dozens of columns from the past week saying the same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted