1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In the first half of the 20th century, it was frequently the First Anendment under attack due to Communism. Those cases basically shaped the First Amendment into what we know it today. But there was certainly a time when people were ready to toss it aside out of fear, as well.

cranberry likes this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Not at all. It's what I think, and have always thought, with 100 percent certainty. Think I've mentioned that several times already, including in the recent posts on this thread. I've simply attempted to add to the discussion possibilities regarding factors involved. That's pretty much it.

Don't worry, I don't think Canada's converted. But then, I don't understand anybody having any interest at all in Islam -- it could go completely away, and I'm pretty sure our country, and yours, would be better off for it -- although I suppose I could be wrong. Anyway, I'd question what they'd think, and so, you know, I suggested the possibility and asked the question.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I would be fine if every single religion went away to be honest.

Seeing as they are here our country would be poorer for lack of Islam. The culture and food added by many of its practitioners make my city and country a better place.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Ten seconds after this photo was taken, they all shot the black guy.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

No it shouldn't.

I prefer the Southern Rebellion to Protect the Right to Own Black People.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is, "Muslims sure cook up some good food," the equivalent of, "Negros sure can sing and dance?"

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There are Muslim families in my neighborhood. They seem like nice people. There's a Muslim guy at work that is my year, but I think he's the Muslim equivalent of a lapsed Catholic. He's just slightly left of Bernie Sanders (though voting for Hillary) on the issues. He's really interested in religion and ISIS, who he has called "savages," but more in the vein of the interest expressed on this thread - he's interested in how religion shapes geopolitics. Nice guy, though. Big football fan.

9. JohnHammond

Need Lutherans around since they make great bars. Mormons do wonderful things with Jell-o and funeral potatoes.

10. YankeeFan

Who's he rooting for in Euro 2016?

11. YankeeFan

If we could just get Muslims to appreciate Jewish delicacies, we could achieve peace.

12. JohnHammond

Turkey, of course. Slight interest in Albania.

Draft saved Draft deleted