1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You really need to read about this case. That isn't true.

2. YankeeFan

It will be interesting to see what Trump includes in VP Lewandowski's portfolio.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along soon to Trumpsplain why the holocaust survivors are just haters and Hillary is the real threat.

4. YankeeFan

I don't want to make any comparison to Hitler, but...

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

No matter who wins this mess, I really don't see either side herding people and deploying Zyklon B.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody thought Hitler was gonna turn into HITLER, until he did.

I'd put my money on the guy who has continually harped on plans to forcibly deport millions on a racial and religious basis.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Lugnuts and TigerVols like this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Neither did the Bush administration. Which means he was a Republican!

9. YankeeFan

I'm not sure we can simultaneously mock folks who support the Second Amendment as a defense against a tyrannical government, and also worry about Trump imposing some kind of Nazi regime -- complete with death camps.

Batman likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who is he deporting "on a religious basis"? Had not heard that. (Or a racial one, for that matter.)

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

"Trump is a fearmonger ... and Hitler!"

old_tony, heyabbott and YankeeFan like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"During the calls he said he was doing this for the leader of ISIL, who he named and pledged loyalty to, but he also appeared to claim solidarity with the perpetrators of the Boston Marathon bombing, and solidarity with a Florida man who died as a suicide bomber in Syria for al Nusra Front, a group in conflict with Islamic State. The bombers at the Boston Marathon and the suicide bomber from Florida were not inspired by ISIL, which adds a little bit to the confusion about his motives."
    • James B. Comey
    • Director
    • Federal Bureau of Investigation
    • Press Briefing on Orlando Mass Shooting, FBI Headquarters
    • Washington, D.C.
    • June 13, 2016

So he expressed loyalty to ISIS, but there is no evidence that there was any contact other than his reading their propaganda. He admired a bomber for al Nusra, who opposes them. He admired the Chernaev brothers, who were Chechens whe had nothing to do with anything in that area of the world. The guy was a nutjob who was looking for an excuse, and probably hated himself for being gay as well, so he targeted a gay club.

He was a long way from being a committed ideological terrorist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.