1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it makes him a typical American.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Nah, that would never happen. Though I'm not sure it wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Hopefully Trump will keep being Trump and continue to sink himself. Because he clearly has no grasp of any of the things needed to be president.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, as regards the germane question -- how dangerously anti-American/anti-Western is this guy? -- I have a hard time seeing how the difference between those three labels matters all that much.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's not going to happen, but given that he's spent two terms raping the Constitution, it's a fair question.

old_tony likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Coming to a microbrewery near you: FraudSeeker IPA

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

When the NRA says your ideas about where people should carry guns goes too far, you're completely off the fucking reservation:

www.cnn.com/2016/06/19/politics/donald-trump-chris-cox-nra-orlando-shooting/index.html

Meanwhile, he's down 6 in the RCP polling average and 8 in the HP polling average. And that's despite Clinton struggling to break 50. Trump has the lowest polling average in recent memory for a Republican candidate this far into the process.

But really it's all part of his brilliant plan or something.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Sorry, every time I hear the word "germane" I think of this.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Not really.

9. RickStain

God Himself invented a number lower than zero just for the purposes of describing the odds of this happening.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or maybe, just maybe, the real experts of fighting radical Islam (and not a keyboard warrior) have determined that's the case.

11. RickStain

"Experts." Pfft. My gut instincts know just as much as any high-falutin' expert.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is silly. al-Nusra is the local al-Queda branch. They're Sunni. They're ideology is not much different than ISIS. Their fight is only over who will have more influence in Syria.

It's perfectly reasonable that he could admire his buddy who fought for al-Nusra, or consume al-Queda propaganda, and know the difference between them.

It's also perfectly reasonable to think he knew the difference between them, and decided to pledge his allegiance to ISIS.

The only reference I know of to Hezbollah from him is when he mentioned them to mock the ignorance of the people who were teasing him about being a Muslim terrorist.

He did not mention them in his 911 call.

This is Ben Rhodes style narrative to believe he didn't know the difference.

He's a Sunni Muslim of Afghan decent. He knows the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.